Hello and welcome to The Graphite Agency!
We’re Jalina and Sean, an award-winning writing & editing team who share a love of the written word in all its manifestations – from the humble query letter to corporate white pages; from video scripts to fiction manuscripts.
As communication professionals, we offer a full range of editing, ghostwriting, and copywriting services.
We work with authors, publishers, nonprofits, corporations, small businesses, and industry professionals worldwide, helping them communicate their ideas, stories, products and services to the world.
We simply love what we do, and it shows.
OUR LATEST PROJECTS
- Edited an interview with Terence Davies, voted Britain’s #1 director, about his latest biopic film “A Quiet Passion, on the life of Emily Dickinson
- Edited and ghostwrote a sequence of 15 interviews/articles with famous fashion designers following Paris Fashion Week 2017, from Courreges to Theyskens to Miyake for Many of Them design magazine
- Edited and/or ghostwrote several YA fantasy manuscripts
- Wrote an interview with New York Times bestselling author Laura Fraser for The Sigh Press, a Tuscan literary journal.
- Copyedited PDF of a business management manuscript and related eBook
- Wrote white papers, landing pages, and technical articles for an IT company
- Authored several environmental and corporate sustainability articles
- Edited several works of historical fiction and romances
- Light ghostwriting/ heavy editing of a memoir/ cookbook by a celebrity chef
- Ghostwriting an autobiography of a public figure
- Wrote a comprehensive catalog for a yoga/massage institute, as well as ad copy and direct response emails
- Updated website copy and wrote autoresponder emails for an arts magazine
- Wrote promotional copy for a coaching and wellness podcast
- Created a direct mail autoresponder sequence for a tools manufacturer
Jalina Mhyana is an award-winning poet and essayist. She has authored a prose memoir as well as three poetry chapbooks, one of which won publication in the Pudding House Chapbook competition. Her lyrical essays have been nominated “Best of the Net” two years running (2015/2016), her work has been shortlisted in Perigee’s poetry competition judged by National Book Critics Circle Award winner Judy Jordan, and she has been nominated for several Pushcart Prizes, as well as Poet of the Week and “Best of Issue” in Eclectica Magazine. Mhyana holds an MFA in literature and creative writing from the Bennington Writing Seminars – one of the top three writing schools in the United States. Jalina served as founding editor of the literary journal Rock Salt Plum Review (2003 – 2008), worked as a journalist for the Herald Union in Germany (2004 – 2008) and co-curated (with Sean Quinn) the Ekphrasis poetry readings at the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford, England from 2014-2015. Her essay on Austiobavarian talismans won her Oxford University’s Dr. Sue Holman travel bursary to conduct research in Vienna (2014). She has read her work at Cambridge University, Oxford University, the Ashmolean Museum, the Oxfringe Festival, and St. Mark’s Cultural Centre, among other venues in Japan, Germany, England, Italy, and the United States. Her work is forthcoming from CutBank, The Roanoke Review, Structo, Room, Slipstream, Burrow Street Review, and others.
Sean Quinn began his editing career in 2013 when he became Jalina’s personal editor. After delivering a final thesis on Russian Symbolist poetry, particularly the work of Blok and Tsvetaeva, Sean graduated with first class honors in Textile Design from Loughborough College of Art.